Nov 29 – 30, 2014 12:00am MST to 12:00am MST
There is nothing like kicking off a new ski season and we are ready to celebrate with a free concert, free Korbel® and cupcakes after a day on the slopes. The celebration continues throughout the weekend with Korbel® drink specials resort wide. Join us for a toast to the season at the Korbel Opening Weekend Celebration.
- Free Korbel®, Cupcakes and Hot Chocolate 2pm on Saturday in Gondola Square
- Concert at 3pm on Saturday, November 30 featuring The Congress
- 2 for 1 Appetizers all weekend at the Bear River Bar & Grill and the Cabin
- Resort Wide Drink Specials all weekend long
- $6 Korbel South Peach Cocktails
- $5 Korbel Brut or Sweet Rose California Champagne
Founded by Scott Lane and Jonathan Meadows in Richmond, VA, The Congress brings notions of genuine musicianship and inventive songwriting to a modern world of dubious cosmetic sound. Anchored by Jonathan’s throw-back soul tenor vocals and Scott’s immersive guitar licks, The Congress is a band of real musicians with real instruments playing real music. Keyboardist Chris “Bernie” Speasmaker, masterfully accents each tune with everything from throaty Leslie riffs and New Orleans dixiecrat piano to pounding electro-funk lines. Denver native and conservatory-trained badass Mark Levy holds down the drums with elegant precision and explosive dynamism.